A Lot of the Dolls


Every now and then someone asks to see all the dolls I have here. In theory it sounds like a fun idea, in practice, it's not so fun. Most of my dolls are stored wrapped in their boxes, put away under beds and in closets. I have to find their clothes and their wigs, and as I add dolls to the table, the cats inch closer and closer. There also becomes the real possibility that if just one doll goes over, the whole pack will collapse in knees and elbows and broken fingers. So this was all I was able to get together before I ran out of patience, and my avatar fell over:D.

From left to right:

A. Merry the Carousel Horse, who on the basis of today's shoot is going to get Winter's head put on there and the Christopher head taken off. Wigs do not stay on that Christopher head, nor will she stand without a stand. (Cuprit body and shins with Amber hooves.)

B.Selket, Soom Free Choice Vesuvia

C. Rain, Immortality of Soul "G".

D. Bryan, Iplehouse Denzel. Not Shown: Marilyn Greenberg, SID Jessica; Hyacinth the Barbarian, Iplehouse Aurora

E. Captain Davon Aldwood, 5th Viscount Aldwood; Granado Davon

F. Sirius Fae, Surgeon's Mate; Doll in Mind Event Elf Head, Dollzone 70 body

G. Serendipity Smollett, Surgeon; Soom Special Order Galena on a Free Choice Beryl Body

H. Tesla, Soom Migma Vampire Lavender head (not shown: Raisin, Soom Migma Human)

I. Aurelia, Soom Onyx Light on a Monthly Doll Breccia Body

J. Rilly, Resinsoul Mei; modded and dyed

K. Consuelo Carvalho, boatswain; Soom Epidia on a temporary Impldoll Star Male Body, Soom Sphaler claw hands

L. Dawn, DollZone Shengxi (2007 Christmas event head)(Not present, DollZone Wing 1 (elf ear version))

M. Prince Amber, Luts Nanuri '07 Vampire on a Soom Gem small body

N. Zinnober, Soom Sphaler on Impl Star body--not present, Melchior, Sphaler rolly head, Sensei Fuzzy (full Normal Skin Sphaler) Balthazar, Soom Sphaler with Simply Divine Hooves, and Fu Bai, Soom Sphaler with Soom Chalco Hooves.

O. Roswell; Luts Vampire Dark Elf Soo, dyed and modded.

P. Malachi, Delf Moon.

Q. Kalypso, Fairyland ShuShu

R. First Lieutenant Andrew Coppersmith; Granado Xavier

S. "Countess" Mirabelle; Granado Fayette. Not shown: Sophronia Stevens, Granado Gitana; 2nd Lieutenant William Keppel, Granado Guilem; Mds. Jack Barnett, Granado Terra

T. Mds. Christopher Kipling; Resinsoul Ai on a B and G boy body

U. "Bird" (being even more vacant than usual) Soom Legend Tremo

V. "Polly" the Harpy, DollZone Celine, Impl body, Galena feet

And that is plenty for one day.

Comments

  1. Very impressive collection, there! And there's more?? I boggle, and am also eaten with envy, lol.

    By the way, how do you like the Impl bodies? They look very nice in the official photos, especially for the price, but of course it's hard to tell what they're actually like. :P

    Holycrap, I also realized that the Impl Model male body might make for an interesting sporty female with some minor modification. How fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, don't be envious--it's like *too much* of a good thing! I wish I had been a little more picky back in the day, because now it's really hard to sell anyone. I like the Impl Male Star body a lot, because it is so well balanced...though for not much more you can get a Granado 68cm boy body, and that is my current standard for excellence for looks and posing. The female Impl Star body has super skinny arms and thin hands, so it's only good for certain characters. But its also a superb poser! I haven't messed with the Impl Model size at all, and I haven't seen the Idol size in person either. The minis and the tinies are just adorable in person--again, great little posers too.
    Thank you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no...

      So, I went and looked at Granado. I hadn't paid much attention to them before--because there are so many other dolls! Thanks to you, now I want one of their dolls. >.>; As if my wishlist wasn't long enough, lol. But they're so gorgeous, with wonderful bodies, and Katrien might well be perfect for one of my characters. :'D

      But it screws up some of my other characters' prospective dolly shells, because MY DOLLS MUST MATCH. lol

      I'm almost sad that the body has the "underwear" joint. Granado's belly sculpting is superb. *3*

      And here I was thinking I wanted to just stick to 1/4-size dolls... I should just stare at your group photo and remind myself that 60cm+ dolls are not so easy to handle when you have more than one or two...

      Delete
  3. Yeah, the smaller dolls are so much easier to deal with! I am not fond of the Female Nuevo's posing, just because of the hip setup, though I love the sculpt. I wish they would make the older, more stylized body available because it was amazing at what it could do. If you wait, I think Granado will be doing some more 1/4 dolls, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eee, that's exciting! That has me hyped, I like the boy one they have out... I hope they come out with a strong-featured girl, as well as a mini-Katrien. XD That's not wishful thinking at all.

      It's a pity you have to sacrifice function for beauty. I agree with you about the Nuevo hips. I strongly dislike "invisible" jointing, particularly in the thigh-hip area. It makes things more complicated than they should be. :/ I think visible joints are lovely, as long as they're well-engineered and graceful, and string channels have never bothered me, unlike wacky-looking boxy double joints. :P

      Delete

Post a Comment