Window Casualty


This morning the cat was sitting on the porch, and a woodpecker slammed into the window above it. I had to go out and grab the bird and move it to a spot where the cat couldn't reach it easily and there were no ants, and I took a quick picture. Sometimes the birds shake it off and eventually fly away, but not always. I think my windows have killed more birds than both of my cats, especially the big 9 foot windows that I had in New Jersey; even with stickers, crystal flashers and having the curtains partially pulled. I wonder sometimes if tall buildings attract falcons because all the falcons have to do is sit under one of the big windows, and wait for dinner to fall at their feet!

Comments

  1. You know, that theory you have about the falcons is interesting. I wonder if anyone has looked into it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea! I bet they have been pretty well studied, though, since it's really convenient. :D

      Delete

Post a Comment