More Pony Feet and Sump Pump


I am taking a break before I start on the next cover, working on painting the Beryl feet that are on my Galena/Beryl hybrid from the Free Choice Event last year. The resin feels nice, it's dense and heavy. Different batches feel and look slightly different, even when they are from the same company. The Free Choice Event has the NS more pinkish than the old batches, so I was able to match my pinkish Special Order Galena head.

The other thing I did today was bail out the smaller sump pit. For reasons not clear to me, the way Chicago houses deal with "water in the basement" is to make a stinky little well and let all the water collect there, and then pump it out to (?).(Yes, we are not on a sewer, a side effect of being "in the country.")

I liked the French Drains in my old house, which were under the foundation, invisible and effective and needed no pumping. When you have a pump, eventually it will quit working, and some time last week this pump quit. So on Monday, once more, my friend the plumber will come out and this time replace the pump -- for the cost of a Soom Limited. But at least then the water level will be much lower, and maybe the pit will stop growing mosquitoes.

Comments