Pony Feet


Between toiling away in Photoshop, I have been painting up the Amber/Cuprit hooves that Dragonesskirra sent me. That's the start above, more progress here:

Kirra suggested putting barbeque skewers in the hooves, hocks and the first shin section to stabilize it, but instead I put in some stiff wire, and then sueded the join beween the Amber hooves and the Cuprit shins with some faux sheepskin I had sitting around. The end result works fairly well--she can stand on her own:

When the Benmore "pointy ears" head comes, it will be painted by me to have the old girly Amber faceup and get popped on the body, though I suspect the neck will gap a little since it is sized for the male Super Gem body.

Here's the idea of what she will look like when she has a head. (There will be arms, too, probably just the normal Soom arms. She is supposed to be a (an escaped) carousel animal, with lots of ribbons and flowers and such.

Edit 2/5/2016 It turns out that the Benmore Pointy Ears Head was a total fail on the old Supergem body--he was definitely a "he" and not a bit like Amber. I kept this body for a long time, with a Iplehouse Cherie head on it (and the resin match wasn't too bad since the old Soom Cream white and the cream white Cherie head were close). But eventually I needed room, and I think Cat has that body now, and Rajendora has the head as part of a complete Cherie ("Karen").

Comments