The Scandal Set

I did a trade with vermont chick and I once again got the best part of a trade--she sent me several Iplehouse sets, all of which looked like they were never worn--which is faintly possible as vermont chick sews as well as Iplehouse does, though she has a more sleek modern style in the silhouettes she chooses to make for herself (I have never worked up the courage to ask her if she would sell any of the dresses she makes). Anyway, Ivy (Iplehouse Eva) needed something besides a batik bikini to wear, so I thought I would try out the Scandal set on her. I managed to get everything on without having to look at the sales photos, too ;)

The only snag was that the ribbon around the sleeve is not stretchy--there is elastic in the sleeves themselves that is wide enough to pass her hands through, but the ribbon isn't big enough:


But we managed:

Look at the cool construction of that tiny bodice!


All put together:
Bow in back:


Random feet (I think Ivy's are slightly larger than the newer girls):


Comments

  1. Hahaha! You wouldn't say I sew as well as Iplehouse does if you saw the insides of my constructions. Of course, I blame it all on not owning a serger...

    I think you can untie the bow on the sleeve ribbon so you can get the sleeve on more easily. That may be more of a pain than it's worth, however, because you then have to re-make a very tiny bow.

    vermont chick, aka balljointedwoman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think sometimes the serger makes the seams a bit bulky though--Iplehouse mostly does those insane tiny linings on the jackets; I find that amazing. And yes, I might have untied that little ribbon... but I thought my chances of getting a bow back on there was unlikely ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment