Thranduil, Snow White and a Geode


Just a random photo of Thranduil and Ashley, with Ashley pointing out that there are a lot of  people in the room staring at them. I think Thranduil looks stylish, if not elf-appropriate, in his Iplehouse set (that is the King set, I think, and the shirt especially is glorious).

As I was taking out the recycling I kicked a small golf ball-sized rock, and I thought at first it was a chunk of concrete--but it was so round and had an interesting surface, so I wondered if it was a geode:

So I found a rag and a hammer, and thumped it on a larger rock in my yard, and this was the inside--
not quite a geode, but full of tiny quartz crystals! Other family member's  feet are in the photo; alas the party breaks up tomorrow-- and it will be very quiet in the house during the day without them. I will miss them!


Comments